Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

If you know anything about this please help me out. I am about done building my new machine. Well, anyway I started it up just to make sure everything was working like I have always done before I finish. I shut it down and when I went to restart it it would flash on and off and on and off and would not stop until I shut off power. It would continue to do this until I reset cmos. I tried again and it did it again. If you are familiar with this problem or if there even is a problem let me know. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

make sure the processor is not overheated, reseat your processor and put enough thermal compound on your heatsink

Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

My processor is 30 c on idle. That is with a sensor and on the mobod. It is a bios issue. It happened now after all install. It happens after I go in the bios. It registers a 99 which says it means to complete power off sequence. When I power off it restarts with no problem.

seem like a video problem, is the video was a PCi card or an onboard vga reseat the card or check the settings in the bios.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.