If you help me solve my problem, I'll make sure you go to heaven : )

I've scoured the net looking for a solution. I know nothing about computers, and desperate for an answer.

My Maxtor DV3000 Ext. Hard Drive is flashing a green light and the icon won't who up on my desktop. I've surmised that this may be an external enclosure issue, from posts I've read here.

Advice? Should I buy another external enclosure to fix the issue? I don't know what to do when I get the new enclosure - hate to install or fix it myself. I usually get ripped off when I ask for help on these things - and I dont' want to spend $1000 trying to retrieve my info.

Any advice? Have I given you enough info to go on? I have no idea what type of enclosure I should buy to replace a Maxtor DV3000.

Love,

Mommybou:$

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hello ,it could be a cable /wire connection inside the enclosure. TIP#1 .don't act computer stupid when you go looking for help and you won't get ripped off .

ps ,no heaven for me thanks

Thanks Caperjack. Will look into connection issue. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. It's really nice to know there are people who will help still out there in the world. Best to you. Mommybou

thanks ,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.