Hey, i bought 2x1GB ram upgrades, which didnt quite fit in my comp. they didnt click in all the way when i thought i had installed them, so really i had no RAM when i booted my computer up. i could tell the computer was on, but my monitor never kicked on with it.
the problem im having now is that i've gone back to my origional 512mb ram stick, but i get the same results; comp is on but i get no monitor repsonse. it's clicked in all the way too...

did having no RAM when i booted it up earlier, cause a problem?

oh hey by the way..

when i turn it on, it gives me a series of beeps. something like 5-7 beeps as if something isnt right

oh hey by the way..

when i turn it on, it gives me a series of beeps. something like 5-7 beeps as if something isnt right

Hi! The beep codes tell you what the problem is. It would help to know what motherboard you have. Different bioses use different beeps. You can try taking out that stick of ram and turn on the computer. Does it give you the same number of beeps? If so, then it is a memory problem. Did you put the stick in the same slot it was in before?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.