When I shut down my computer, the num/caps/scroll lock lights on my keyboard flash on & off about 10-15 times & then remain permanently lit up while the computer is off. Also, the light on my optical mouse is always lit. Could someone PLEASE tell me what is going on & if I should be concerned. The keyboard never did this before (the same thing happened with a different keyboard as well). when the computer is on, only the num lock light is on as usual.

Please help! Thanx!!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

are they usb devices ,if so are they plugged into a powered usb hub,or directly into the computers usb connectors

are they usb devices ,if so are they plugged into a powered usb hub,or directly into the computers usb connectors

The keyboard & mouse are plugged directly into the back of the computer.

The keyboard & mouse are plugged directly into the back of the computer.

ok that answers one part of the ? are they usb devices or ps/2

I don't know if it's usb or ps2....how can I tell. The monitor & keyboard are plugged in to the back of te computer directly. Does that help?

I don't know if it's usb or ps2....how can I tell. The monitor & keyboard are plugged in to the back of te computer directly. Does that help?

no it doesn't help as they both plug in the back of the computer ,is the keyboard plug purple and round ,mouse green and round about the diameter of a cigarette or are they both the same ,small rectangle shape about this wide -----

They are purple & green. (so, is that ps2?)

They are purple & green. (so, is that ps2?)

yes it is possiable that somthing happened to the connections on the motherboard for both ,you could maybe borrow a usb keyboard and mouse to try ,see if they work ,your cheapest fix maybe to buy a new, usb kb & m

okay, I'll try that. Thanx for your help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.