I am at my wits end with this one. PS/2 Keyboard and mouse (known working, default) will not function after windows xp (sp2) startup. The keyboard works fine in BIOS setup. Neither will function in windows, even in safe mode. Windows boots just fine, no errors, nothing in event log; the mouse and keyboard just dont work.

I may have foolishly turned off the Logitec drivers on startup in an attempt to clean up what was starting up. Silly me. Right now I just want out of the trap, forget the cheese!

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I may have foolishly turned off the Logitec drivers on startup in an attempt to clean up what was starting up.

Any suggestions?

did you try turning them back on ,

try going to safe mode maybe if keyboard works ,hitting f8 on bootup and turn them back on

did you try turning them back on ,

try going to safe mode maybe if keyboard works ,hitting f8 on bootup and turn them back on

Absolutely tried that; I cannot get past the message Windows or Restore which requires a response when entering Safe Mode. I can get to DOS Safe Mode, but again no keyboard response. If I could get to Safe Mode with a keyboard or a mouse functional, I could access the settings to restore the drivers. That is my frustration, never seen that happen.

HELP!!!!!!!!!1

I figured it out. Let it run all night, system loaded the drivers for keyboard and mouse by default, works now. Thanks for the help!

your welcome ,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.