I recently got a new Q6600 and a XFX 680i LT SLI motherboard and installed it along with 4 gigs of DDR2 corsair ram. When it loads up windows XP it crashes while loading the operating system. i tried installing 2000 pro back onto the computer and it was stable until I updated to SP4, at which time it began to crash again. I'm not sure what to do other than reformatting and starting from scratch. Anyone had this problem also? Please help me because this is frustrating me to no end!!!! Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

if every time you install OS xp in your computer then it will crash while doing the installation it could be related to some hardware problem, try using another memory stick while doing xp installation, check if it will help

Well I transferred my files to my laptop and reformatted my hard drive. I installed XP and it seems stable while idle, but now it crashes every time it tries to autorun a cd. It works just fine when I have 2000 Pro installed, but when I upgrade to XP it won't work! Any suggestions? Is this a hardware problem do you think? Would this possibly be a symptom of that I just didn't hook something up right on my motherboard or some other hardware issue or do you think it's a software problem, even though this copy of XP Pro was stable for 3 years with my old hardware.

What sort of power supply do you have? It may not be enough for your quad goodness...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.