hi, friends my system config is:

Intel EM64T 3 ghz processor, Asrock 945gl dual motherboard having 6 sata ports, 1 gb ddr ram, 80 GB, i am running windows XP.

My problem is, recently i have bought a 160 GB sata seagate hard disk but my sysmtem is not reporting that hard disk. I have tried every possible way to connect it but of no use.
Now when i connect that same hard disk to my friends system( quadra core 2.4 ghz, Gigabyte 946 s sreies mb, 3 gb ram) it is getting detected without any problem... can you plz help me out.
thanks in advance..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Did you enable drive in BIOS?

Here's some ideas to try..

If it is showing up in the bios...
You need to partition and format all new hard drives. Go to the start menu, Right click My Computer->Manager->Disk Management You may need to assign it a drive letter!!

OR
open Device Manager you will see a big yellow ? under Other.
Click on it
click on reinstall driver. you will need the driver from your Motherboard's cd/floppy for the SCSI/RAID controller
don't let windows search for the driver, direct it to your cd/floppy

Here's some ideas to try..

If it is showing up in the bios...
You need to partition and format all new hard drives. Go to the start menu, Right click My Computer->Manager->Disk Management You may need to assign it a drive letter!!

OR
open Device Manager you will see a big yellow ? under Other.
Click on it
click on reinstall driver. you will need the driver from your Motherboard's cd/floppy for the SCSI/RAID controller
don't let windows search for the driver, direct it to your cd/floppy

Well my hard disk is getting detected in other systems but not mine.. so i dont guess that using a partion manager would be able to help me out. Ne wz thnks for the advice ..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.