hi guys sorry if i posted this in the wrong part of the forums if it is u can transfer it to the appropriate section

my question is:
Is Counter Strike Source playable in this specs?

Intel G965 Chipset latest driver & GMA X3000 graphic
1.5 GB DDR 2 533 Mhz RAM
Intel Pentium D dual Core 2.66 GHZ

and can i play this at a resolution of 1024 x 708? and can i play it in the highest graphics?

2nd question:

in games is the higher the FPS the higher the lag?

i hope u guys will read this no matter seniors or juniors and feel free to transfer this thread to the appropriate section

sorry and thank you in advance,

Cheah

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Intel G965 Chipset latest driver & GMA X3000 graphic
1.5 GB DDR 2 533 Mhz RAM
Intel Pentium D dual Core 2.66 GHZ

NO
yes
yes

and can i play this at a resolution of 1024 x 708? and can i play it in the highest graphics?

no way - maybe it will run on the very lowest settings (like 640x480) - the original counterstrike from like ~2000 runs on medium on most intel chips so i seriosuly doubt source would run at all

secondly, no more FPS is better

if its under 20 fps it will look jerky, 30-50 fps is better and over 50fps is best, as most peoples eyes cant detect much over that so it appears very smooth.

buy a graphic card if you want to play games

i cant because my power supply is very low which is 305W and malaysian computer stuff are expensive

Gaming on Integrated Graphics: No Longer Crazy Talk

posted by Nick Knupffer on August 17, 2007

Intel has launched new drivers for its G965 integrated graphics chipset. But what does this mean?

Traditionally, integrated graphics have been the weaklings of the graphics world – sure there are a lot of them sold, but traditionally they have been practically useless for 3D gaming. Until now that is - G965 has grown some muscle…

See the video below.

Intel has never marketed integrated graphics to gamers who demand great 3D performance (that is what PCI-Express is for) - but we have said that it is suitable for casual gaming. The graphics core in Intel’s G965 is actually very advanced – based on 8 programmable micro-execution engines. You can program these execution engines to do whatever you like, including pixel and vertex shading.

Now, we come to the main issue - until very recently, Intel’s G965 software drivers did not support hardware vertex shading, but rather let the CPU do the work instead (we have very powerful CPU’s so this translates into fabulous 3DMark scores, and great performance on some games). But quite a few of the latest and most popular games require hardware vertex shaders and so this approach had an Achilles Heel.

Some in the press has bemoaned the lack of this functionality – some others ignored the fact that most people use integrated graphics for business use and or video – areas where the chip shines: Full WHQL support existed for Vista’s Aeroglass from the word go, and Intel’s little wonder boasts the type of video quality you should expect from advanced discrete cards with scores around 95 in the HQV benchmark. All this from a part that effectively costs you less that lunch at the company canteen. (The price difference between the G965 and P965 chipsets is tiny, about the cost of a visit to Starbucks, the cost in power use is also small).

But the release of the latest Windows XP drivers changes things quite considerably by introducing support for hardware vertex shading. So if you want better performance for free just click here.

Now G965 owners can boast much higher performance and support for more games. Games like Call of Duty 2, Far Cry (the game used as a poor example by some of our competitors) and Battlefield 2 (which didn’t even run) are now playable. Overall, expect a significant boost in performance for many games. But don’t just take my word for it, download the drivers here. The driver will also support the mobile chipset and upcoming Intel G35 chipset.

I visited Intel’s graphics labs where Mike Abel showed me some demos – see the video:

More good news is that the driver boys have implemented a cool new switching technology that automatically switches between hardware and software vertex shading depending on the application to give you the benefit of optimum performance. Nifty eh?

PS: The equivalent Vista drivers will be out soon.

PPS: If the video above doesn’t work in your browser - there is a youtube version, just go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OogVYWQLAhM

Is your PC a dell by any chance? If so, read on

The dell 305w PSUs are incorectly labelled - that is there median not peak voltage. Also they have dual 12v rails which is nice. My dell "305w" psu runs a geforce 7600 (do not go for anything special, just the bog standard, not overclocked 256mb version)

Also, most dell power supplies since 2006 are NOT cutom any more, they are standard ATX. Ask on the dell forums.

yeah i am using DELL E520 and does this means i can use Asus Geforce 8800 GT PCI-Express without changing my psu? i will b getting 512 DDR 3

no

not a card that good - too much power needed

i have successfully run a radeon x165o 256mb and a geforce 7600 256mb on my dimension 5150 (e510)

you should be able to replace the power supply on your machine. It should be standard ATX and not custom

Ask on the dell support forums, they know more than i do

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.