Member Avatar for lone_wolf025

I recently purchased an OCZ Tech Game X Stream 1010w PSU. After installation everything powers up, but the computer does not start going through the BIOS. All I get is a blank screen. After re installation of the old PSU (unknown model, came with an old Gateway tower) rated at 300w, I got the message of "Overclock/Overvoltage failure" and it told me to check my voltage settings.

I'm running an ASUS P5WD2 Premium board, with a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.40GHz and 1gig of DDR2 ram. I've heard in similar cases the issue has something to do with the settings in the BIOS.

So my question is, is this new PSU incompatible with my current setup or is it just a matter of tweaking the settings? If a tweak is needed I'd much appreciate guidance as to what the settings should be.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try holding down spacebar when it boots. Also, go into the BIOS and choose to "load optimised defaults" then save - this is usually on the exit screen somewhere

Member Avatar for lone_wolf025

Ok I'll try it and see what happens. I assume this will work even though it doesn't even get to the bios?

yeah spacebar (usually) resets all overclocking settings

If the spacebar doesn't work, clear CMOS.

yeah, do that using either the jumper or by removing the battery

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.