HI everyone at DaniWeb,

Recently i got a Hannspree 32" HDTV and started using it as my primary monitor, it has been working fine for roughly 2months until now i have found that there appears to be a thick black blob on the inside of the screen. But also i have a Hanns.G 19" LCD Monitor which i've had for over a year and has been working fine until last night/this morning but has seemed to have the same problem and another black blob has appeared on the screen in literally the same place as the TV (bottom right hand corner). Also on the TV there were lots of dead pixels running vertically down the screen in lots of different area.

Anyone help or enlightenment of what this is would be very much appreciated,

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you have another device you can hook these monitors up to? That way we can find out it if its your graphics card or something else.

Do you have another device you can hook these monitors up to? That way we can find out it if its your graphics card or something else.

yup i tried em on my brothers pc and still exact same thing, blob in the same place everytime.

Thats very odd... Is it a solid black or just very dim? Would it be possible for you to upload a picture of the displays so we can see what this "black blob" looks like? Your issue could be simply that they were broken by an impact, as odd as it would be for it happen in the same place for both.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.