i got a gforce fx 5600 with 256mb video card and my temps are at 56c on the gpu core and i was wondering if that was a bad temp or a good temp if not do you know of any heatsinks and fan for the fx card?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

That seems a little hot did you check to see if the fan on it working right .

i have made sure that the fan is working and and i added another case fan and it reads now at 51c i'm going to get another case fan and see if that brings it done more

How do I know the temperature when using the case fan ?

I don't think my cpu is super hot if i keep my hand on it it's hot but not unbearable.

Do I need to take out my casing to see the temperature? There's a processor fan and a cpu fan or casing I guess...I can't understand which one to download from that site you have given ?

If your CPU is aboput to overheat the PC should switch off.

yes but how do I know it's overheating...

choose the personal system information one
when your videocard gets hot the graphics might start to jerk while your playing a demanding game like a 1st person shooter like mohaa
or you could go to compusa and by these http://www.compusa.com/products/products.asp?attribute_id_8502=&attribute_id_8502_name=&attribute_id_8501=&attribute_id_8501_name=&attribute_id_8500=&attribute_id_8500_name=&attribute_id_8500_min=&attribute_id_8500_max=&attribute=8502%2C8501%2C8500&srch_type=filterlist&category_id=369&category_id_name=Cooling&page_num=3

I see.Isn't there any way to get the temperature manually ? like,if I get a thermometer and put it over my cpu? Would you please explain the work of a black temp monitor . My screen never jerks.I'm worried about the weird sound and the slow process...
also,i know that i have two fans.One for the processor and the bigger one for ...cpu fan ? I want to buy the necessary one.Hard disk cooler,extra fan for cpu -which 1 gets the higher priority?
Ok..i'm using the personal system information for temp..I'm writing the information here:
Sensor properties: ITEIT 8712F
Sensor access : ISA 290 h
Temperatures:

Motherboard: 25 c,77 f
CPU: 49c,120f
Aux: 25c,77f
Cooling fans:

CPU : 4561 RPM

Voltage values:

CPU CORE: 1.76v
+2.5v: 1.78v
+3.3v: 3.25v
+5v: 5.16v
+12v: 11.84v
+5v standby: 2.63v

what does this mean?

it means what it says bra
Motherboard: 25 c,77 f (chipset..ect)
CPU: 49c,120f (central processing unit)
Aux: 25c,77f (???????)
Cooling fans:

With the black temperature monitor shown in the photo (left) it comes with 2 wires at the end of them are micro sensors you can place these anywhere in your comp like on the
chipset
processor
videocard
hard disk
ect......

I use to visit overclockers.com a lot a few yrs back and remember readin how some guy would use a radio shack outdoor digital thermometer,can't remember excatly what he did to make it work ,but he place a sencor between the fan and the cpu ,but he also changed wires inside the gaget .

I use to visit overclockers.com a lot a few yrs back and remember readin how some guy would use a radio shack outdoor digital thermometer,can't remember excatly what he did to make it work ,but he place a sencor between the fan and the cpu ,but he also changed wires inside the gaget .

He probably just extended the sensor wires and sensor so he could get a reading from outside the box this is pure speculation but I extended the wires on my pen cam along time ago
;)

There are tons of plugins available for Motherboard Monitor. mbm.livewiredev.com is the place to obtain that.

It works with vitually any chipset available. It's an awesome little utility.

There are also quite a few aftermarket coolers available for the FX cards. Check www.newegg.com for those.

How do I know whethere there's enough space to setup a hard disk cooler or a cpu cooler?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.