Good morning everyone, Thanks to you people my first build has progressed to the point that it boots and works like a computer.. Next problem.....well it has no sound. this board has on board sound and it is turned on. I do have a location on the board to plug into BUT ther are 2 rows of pins(5 over 5) and I have a plug with 4 female holes but only two wires.
Can anyone supply a pin layout or direct me to a place to find a pin layout?
Thanks again for all the help with my newbie questions.
You cant learn if you dont ask...right
Toby in PA

Good morning everyone, Thanks to you people my first build has progressed to the point that it boots and works like a computer.. Next problem.....well it has no sound. this board has on board sound and it is turned on. I do have a location on the board to plug into BUT ther are 2 rows of pins(5 over 5) and I have a plug with 4 female holes but only two wires.
Can anyone supply a pin layout or direct me to a place to find a pin layout?
Thanks again for all the help with my newbie questions.
You cant learn if you dont ask...right
Toby in PA

assuming you mean to plug the wire from the cdrom to the board ,there is no need to do this as the software used to play the sound will take care of it ,you may need to install drivers for the sound .the double row connection is for front panel plug .
check manual .if you don't already have one .
http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/D845HV/hvwn_English.pdf

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.