Howdy all, i have a dell inspirion 5100. It was not powering up at all so i took it apart and came up with this. I can get it to power up ONLY when i unplug the connector for the front lights and mouse. The screen powers up and i can use it normally, i can get the keyboard to work, but i need to use a usb mouse. as soon as i plug the connector in that has the lights and mouse on it the screen turns off, and then like 10 seconds later the the whole laptop powers off. Any ideas what might be wrong or the next trouble shooting step. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

probably a power-management related issue with the mouse.

possible faulty touchpad controller.

Touchpad controller short,
or replace U33 (LVC32A) under plastic near cmos battery.

Thanks i just came across another laptop of the same model and i plugged the other touch pad controller in and it booted up just fine and worked perfect. Thanks for the help!

Thanks i just came across another laptop of the same model and i plugged the other touch pad controller in and it booted up just fine and worked perfect. Thanks for the help!

happy to help dude;)

Hey dude above. The last post is in 2008. No point posting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.