Hi, I Have A Problem. My Computer Has Been Unable To Get Online. I Have Found A Fault With My Extension Cable, But I Dont Understand With My New Modem Cable Why It Doest Work, Whereas My Old One Does!!? I Have A 1gb Athlon Computer 128mb Ram.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hmmm - have youi compared the color coding of the jacks? some cables have the RTS pins crossed for direct pc to pc connections so hold the 4 cable ends up to the light at the same orientation just to check to make sure that each end has the same color sequence as the others. Test the cable on your phone - heck test you phone cable on your modem.

Hmmm - have youi compared the color coding of the jacks? some cables have the RTS pins crossed for direct pc to pc connections so hold the 4 cable ends up to the light at the same orientation just to check to make sure that each end has the same color sequence as the others. Test the cable on your phone - heck test you phone cable on your modem.

My old one had only two pins on the modem side and phone side, red and then green at the modem end. the new modem had four meta bits on both sides.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.