ok my daughter says she only kicked the bottom cords and hit the shut off button but now my computer won't work, I've reconnected everything, makes lots of beeping sounds, monitor says no signal but light on front of computer is light up with lock button, no clue how to fix it , any suggestions? Put in cd's and nothing works, mouse won't even light up.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Maybe a loose connection in the case.
If you feel confident open it up and check all cabling to make sure everything is connected as it should be ;)

Maybe a loose connection in the case.
If you feel confident open it up and check all cabling to make sure everything is connected as it should be ;)

I unplugged it all and hooked it up to old computer and everything works. someone said maybe something happened and it erase the memory card, how can I tell?

you hooked what up to the old PC, the monitor??

Describe the "lots of beeping" for us as best you can. For example continuous beeps, one long 2 short beeps repeating.

what type of pc is it. gateway, dell, hp, sony

you hooked what up to the old PC, the monitor??

I hooked all the wires and monitor etc to the old computer, hard drive etc and thats what I'm using now, sucks but using it.
the one not working makes alot of beeping noise when ya turn it on too

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.