i had a old lg monitor which i tried to connect yesterday in my comp n bang i only see a small horizontal line 5 centimeters in the middle of the screen with the logo of windows xp loading n rest of the up n down parts are covered with black. what do u guys think, the monitor can be cured or should i rma it?

monitor is lg 17" e700.

thanks fellas

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

how old is it and have you tried it on another pc or fiddled about with the settings. If the answer is more than 3 years and yes but with no luck then bin it its prob dead!

i cant fiddle with the settings cause i am barely able to see nything in the horizontal line, but yeah when i just give it a punch on the side of the monitor the horizontal line widens from 5 centimeters to 15-20 centimeters but after few seconds it again shortens.

the monitor is above 3 years old another wise i could have gotten it replaced.:(

bump

lol dont bump your own post its frowned upon here.

Looks like its a dead monitor or a dying monitor, I would chuck it or sell it on ebay theres always who will want someone elses junk!

computer display settings is higher than the monitor can handle,.
when computer starts to boot up start hitting the f8 key to go into safe mode,when you get there right click on the desktop and go properties /settings and change screen resolution to 800x640 ,save settings and Reboot computer .

lol dont bump your own post its frowned upon here.

Looks like its a dead monitor or a dying monitor, I would chuck it or sell it on ebay theres always who will want someone elses junk!

the monitor is dying but not dead n thanks for the comments which was not helpful to me at all.
{Rather than helping, why hijacking thread with no useful comments at all?}

computer display settings is higher than the monitor can handle,.
when computer starts to boot up start hitting the f8 key to go into safe mode,when you get there right click on the desktop and go properties /settings and change screen resolution to 800x640 ,save settings and Reboot computer .

thanks mate, u r really a helpful..
will try as suggested or will rma the monitor as i have myself bought a new one infact before creating a thread here.....
Cheers!!

thanks mate, u r really a helpful..
will try as suggested or will rma the monitor as i have myself bought a new one infact before creating a thread here.....
Cheers!!

with the new monitor installed you can make the changes to the computers settings ,then install the old monitor to see if it works better .

okies, lets cross our finger n hoping for the best....
Thanks

respected sir,
i hav a LGE700SH monitor got color defects its having a warranty for 5 years what to do? please give me solution for this sir
thank you....

Dear Sir,
I'm using LG 700E monitor since 2006.Now it's creating problem as screen becomes yellow sometimes screen just goes inside so what to do with it? should i go for repair or sell it & where to sell it in Kolkata?
Plz Help me
Thanks....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.