Hi,

I am new user of AMD64 bit for the info I also providing my system configuration which is as follows:-

OS Name Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model Presario V3000
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 72 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1607 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 72 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1607 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.22, 1/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 590.91 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.26 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I guss graphic card NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

I need to know how can I maximize my system utility with such configuration. In a way nothing is stoping my work but need to explore all the availabe options. Plesae suggest.

Thanks & Regards

_antimatter :-)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Maximize your system to do what? gaming? audio? graphics? video? W/o that info, I suggest that you buy as much memory as you can afford - 1 gig of memory is only good enough for bare bones editing.

Maximize your system to do what? gaming? audio? graphics? video? W/o that info, I suggest that you buy as much memory as you can afford - 1 gig of memory is only good enough for bare bones editing.

Hi there

Thanks for your reply :-)

I forget to mention one thing and that is above configuration is for laptop, so I don't think any more enhancement can be done. And about RAM I am bit confused about it as they say I can only go for 2gb ram at the max.

Now my use is to run database like oracle(client), jboss and some java related framework. But that is only for office use. Yeah I am interested to make this machine as gaming machine. So please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

_antimatter

Ehm laptop for Gaming use... depends on what games... for the webgames it will do, for real gaming like FPS online most laptops won't do...

With most laptops the graphic card is onboard (build in mainboard) and is not upgradeble and a 6150... hmmm I don't know...

Im a FPS gamer busy with upgrading... if you really want something good, start saving good would be my advice! my system costed around 1700 Euro's!!

With a laptop, I think that the only things you can do to improve performance is add that extra gig of memory and get a faster hd. The only games I play on my laptop are turn-based squad games like the UFO series. I play shooters on my desktop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.