I have a p4c800-e deluxe motherboard, I have plugged in the ribbon cable to the correct ends and attached the floppy power cable, when I turn on computer the light on the floppy does not turn on. Its not under my computer either, It also wont show up in the bios, any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

- Try reversing the connector on the floppy drive, even if you think it's plugged in the right way.

- Check the power connector and make sure you haven't 'missed' a pin when you plugged it in. It can be difficult to get the power connector lined up correctly with the pins if you attach it when the drive is screwed into place in the case.

- Check that the ploppy drive is enabled in BIOS Setup, and configured correctly.

Basically, ensure that BIOS POST identifies it correctly at bootup, then check that 'Device Manager' in Windows identifies it correctly. 'My Computer' about the last thing to check!

you may have a faulty power supply cord... if the light isn't turning on, there's definately no power going to the drive. try a different cord. if that doesn't work, there may be something wrong with the drive itself.
try that first. once you have power, and it still doesn't work, you may need to try a different ribbon aswell... good luck.

I have a p4c800-e deluxe motherboard, I have plugged in the ribbon cable to the correct ends and attached the floppy power cable, when I turn on computer the light on the floppy does not turn on. Its not under my computer either, It also wont show up in the bios, any ideas?

commented: 5 years too late - -4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.