There was some issues with the 9800XT and 9600XT video card models not working with AGp 8x, they would freeze up and run slow. Has that been fixed with the new cataylst 4.9 drivers? because the complaints have died down.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There was some issues with the 9800XT and 9600XT video card models not working with AGp 8x, they would freeze up and run slow. Has that been fixed with the new cataylst 4.9 drivers? because the complaints have died down.

There always have been issues with these chipsets and AGP. A quick fix is to turn off fast-writes and lower the AGP transfer rate down a notch to AGP4X. Performance difference? Bugger all.

well im running at 4x right now but I wanted to go up to 8x when i got my new mobo

well im running at 4x right now but I wanted to go up to 8x when i got my new mobo

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you do experience instability with your new setup, then following the above tips may solve the problem with hardly any performance drop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.