Hi folks, I'm really sorry if this has been asked before.

Several months ago (yes, it's been a long time but it's about time I get it fixed) I had a problem with my XP PC. When I hit the power button, the fan moves for a fraction of a second and the power goes on and off and on and off constantly until I finally have to unplug it. It wont actually start up at all.

Anyone know anything about this at all?

Any help would be amazing.

Adam

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi folks, I'm really sorry if this has been asked before.

Several months ago (yes, it's been a long time but it's about time I get it fixed) I had a problem with my XP PC. When I hit the power button, the fan moves for a fraction of a second and the power goes on and off and on and off constantly until I finally have to unplug it. It wont actually start up at all.

Anyone know anything about this at all?

Any help would be amazing.

Adam

Ooh and can I also add (if it's any help) that this is immidiate. Happens the second the power button is hit.

I think you ll have to check your powers upply as it might be having someissues with the circuit getting shot and causing fluctuations and by the sounds of what you are saying it is very deadly for the life of your mobo specially as if it goes on and off like that it wont be long that the mobo would get fried.

Check your system with a different power supply and see that all the connections inside the system are stable as well. Just pull em out and plug em in again. see if that works.

Raj

hi
do as raj suggested replace your psu there might be sortage of power.a clever step will be to test your failed psu in another machine if you cant seem to get hold of a good psu immediately
good luck
??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.