Hi,

I am a novice when it comes to PC builds and I just wanted to add more ram and change the pc case and i think i have done something a lot worse! I moved everything over and put in the new ram- it was working fine yesterday but this morning when i came to power on my pc it will not boot. All I get is an alarm coming from the mobo every 5 seconds. Disk drives and fan seem to be working fine but it will just not boot.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Make sure that the RAM (and everything else) is fully seated in the slots. Even if it is just slightly loose the motherboard can get finicky.

Hi,

I am a novice when it comes to PC builds and I just wanted to add more ram and change the pc case and i think i have done something a lot worse! I moved everything over and put in the new ram- it was working fine yesterday but this morning when i came to power on my pc it will not boot. All I get is an alarm coming from the mobo every 5 seconds. Disk drives and fan seem to be working fine but it will just not boot.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks

Make sure that the RAM (and everything else) is fully seated in the slots. Even if it is just slightly loose the motherboard can get finicky.

Try what the previous poster said by first removing it and inserting it back in-firmly.if that fails id replace it with the old RAM just to see if its still behaving the same
??

Thanks. I have tried removing the ram and ensuring the old fixed in firmly and still no joy. Also tried clearing down the cmos as per the troubleshooting section in the manual and there is no alarm but still will not boot.

ohk then make sure all your parts is seated correctly like your graphics card also swap out the ram one by one it can eighter be your ram or graphics card.but do also make sure your cpu is seated firmly ass well.
if all fails post the beeps here.how long it beeps number of beeps etc
?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.