I was being really smart and tried to update the bios of my Acer Aspire E360 Desktop, but it failed. Then being super smart, I restarted the computer, but all it gives me 1 long beep, a short beep, then it gives me endless short beeps. There is nothing on screen. It lights up, and fans start up but does not boot. I also cant get into the Bios. Ive tried taking the battery out for a day and putting it back in. Ive heard that if the bios was erased, its best to get a new mobo/computer but i dont want to do that. I wanted another opinion before i ship it back to acer to get a costly repair. Thank you.

never mind getting it fixed...

I was being really smart and tried to update the bios of my Acer Aspire E360 Desktop, but it failed. Then being super smart, I restarted the computer, but all it gives me 1 long beep, a short beep, then it gives me endless short beeps. There is nothing on screen. It lights up, and fans start up but does not boot. I also cant get into the Bios. Ive tried taking the battery out for a day and putting it back in. Ive heard that if the bios was erased, its best to get a new mobo/computer but i dont want to do that. I wanted another opinion before i ship it back to acer to get a costly repair. Thank you.

Hi, Although I didn't flash the BIOS, I've got the same symptoms. I've checked the drive via a USB adapter and it appears to be OK. Were you able to get it running yourself or did you ship it back to Acer? What was the problem? Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.