I was just wondering, how can I find out my system information, like the Processor speed (GHz and MHz) and all of that besides the Run >> DxDiag

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I was just wondering, how can I find out my system information, like the Processor speed (GHz and MHz) and all of that besides the Run >> DxDiag

Miss the thread sitting at the top of this forum? ;)

Nothing is wrong with my PC, I just need simple instructions on how to find my System Information.

Nothing is wrong with my PC, I just need simple instructions on how to find my System Information.

Read the thread I linked to a little more carefully - it's actually about a hardware reporting utility.

The utility linked in the article mentioned is one of the best I've yet come across for reporting hardware information. Using DXDiag pales in comparison. In fact, just about any Windows 'feature' that reports on your system could be considered as 'inadequate'.

try downloading Belarc Advisor from downloads.com @CNET.com. It will give you all that info about your hardwear, microsoft hot fixes, and all the programs you have on your 'puter
hope this helps, as i know it will answer your question.
It is an index of your computer, and where all the files and folders are located to those programs spit502000

and it is FREE

Read the thread I linked to a little more carefully - it's actually about a hardware reporting utility.

go to start,programs, accessories,system tools. or go to your cont. panel, administrative tools, computer management,in the left pane, syst. info :p

Belarc Advisor was the tool of preference I used to recommend before I found Everest Home Edition, which is also FREE and is far, far better!

:D

go to start,programs, accessories,system tools. or go to your cont. panel, administrative tools, computer management,in the left pane, syst. info :p

Note that the system information utility supplied with Windows is actually rather limited in the information it provides (much like DxDiag really). If you're after clockspeeds and comprehensive chipset information, I suggest you look elswhere.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.