I have no video out put...except when i unplug my video cable my monitor says check signal cable. I've done alot of reading on this and still everything ive tried I get nothing. Completely rebuilt the machine and nothing. Tried to boot with just 1 stick of good ram, video card and processor I get na'da. Took it to geek squad at best buy they told me it was the motherboard. So I replaced that, the processor and the video card still nothing. And yes the monitor is good im using it right now on a different computer. I even tried a different power supply and got the same results. It was working fine before I had it shipped back here from over seas. I have also reset the bios by pulling out the battery. anyone know what could possibly be causing this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Try booting the system with just the board, processor and one stick of good RAM and Video card on the board. make sure no other devices are connnected. Check if the 4 pin connector that gives additional supplies for display is connected. Also if the board has onboard display, use it instead of the other video card.

Post results here

Try booting the system with just the board, processor and one stick of good RAM and Video card on the board. make sure no other devices are connnected. Check if the 4 pin connector that gives additional supplies for display is connected. Also if the board has onboard display, use it instead of the other video card.

Post results here

I did all that and still got nothing, maybe i should tell you more about my specs maybe that could help.

750w ps
amd2+ 2.2ghz quad core processor
gforce 8800gtx 768mb video card
corsair ram 2g
250g hard drive
creative XFi fatality edition sound card
MSI k9a2 platinum MB

What about the video cable, maybe thats had it. As you have already changed the mobo and tried everything else. Have you tried connecting it to another display and see if that works. Connect the monitor to another laptop may be and see it does something. I am thinking after all this it might be your monitor thats seen the end of its life.

Raj

What about the video cable, maybe thats had it. As you have already changed the mobo and tried everything else. Have you tried connecting it to another display and see if that works. Connect the monitor to another laptop may be and see it does something. I am thinking after all this it might be your monitor thats seen the end of its life.

Raj

Nope that wasnt it i said the monitor was still working great. And plus I fixed it turned out that ram I thought was good wasnt good at all not a single stick of it. Went out got a 2G stick and it worked great.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.