Hello,

I thought I would pass this info along in case anybody comes across a similar problem. About a month ago when I turned on my LCD Monitor it was all fuzzy and the images were all distorted. A week or so later it started shaking and I couldn't even look at the screen. Then I turned it on a week after that and it was crystal clear but then today it started to become fuzzy again. :(

I searched around on the web and found somebody mentioning the power source. I live in south Florida and we do get power surges almost daily. It seemed too good to be true but I decided to try it so I unplugged my monitor from my surge protector and plugged it into another outlet and BAM!!!!!! Crytal clear and like brand new!

It must have been the surge protector.

So if you have a fuzzy monitor one thing you CAN TRY is to change the power source or outlet. It worked for me and saved me a few hundred dollars.

KC

DaTa9192 commented: i love you +0

You SAVED me! Power surge today (in N. FL) - monitor totally fuzzy - I WAS on my way to best buy to buy a new one but searched the internet first and came across your solution. I registered here just to say thank you for taking the time to post this.

I just want to say thank you. I saw this post and I just thought that this solution was a dump idea, anyway I still gave it a try and plugged the monitor directly into an outlet instead of a surge protector and BAM! its like brand new.

Thanks

Oh thank you. For a while there i thought my computer was screwed up. This fixed my problem.

Yes, i made an account and bumped this thread just to thank this guy.

Thanks, I just unplugged it and plugged it in again and that did the trick.

Thanks friend! Totally worked for me too!

what about my LAPTOP should i replace the battey or what ?!?!?!

I can confirm that this worked for me as well!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. My 27" monitor has been driving me nuts for the past few months!

All I did was plug it directly into the wall and it is much clearer with no random 'fuzziness'.

Thanks again :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.