I was lowering the voltage on my processor (not a lot) using my ASUS AI Overclocking program which came with my motherboard, and I suddenly got a blue screen. When I tried restarting my computer Windows XP wouldn't load. I get to the point immediately before the windows icon and loading bar show up, and the screen indefinitely remains black.

In an attempt to fix the issue I was going to use my Windows XP CD's repair feature, but as soon as all the "Setup is Loading...." stuff ends I get a blue screen. It says: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and the stop code is: 0x0000000A (0x000000820, 0x00000003, 0x00000001, 0x80809e19)

Does anyone know what the problem is, or how to fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Generally when this occurs due to overclocking it can be resolved by going into the BIOS and turning off or turning back down the overclocking.

Yep exactly you probably be better off chenging the settings through bios, even better if you set em to default to get you started and then you can continue to modify what you want to.

Raj

This will help but do jump your BIOS as well on your motherboard asswell.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.