After turning on my Inspiron 6000 recently, a black screen appeared with the following message at the top "****MANUFACTURING MODE: LEVEL [67]**** Press Fn-X to return the system to normal running mode. I have tried hitting the "Fn" key, "-" key and letter"x" key simultaneously and separately and in the above sequence with no results also tried just the "Fn" and "x" key excluding the "-". Although I had no results with the above procedures, a few minutes after turning on the computer a "Warning! Battery is critically low." message appears. My battery hasn't been able to hold much of a charge for a year, but as long as I have it plugged in it has worked normally. I was able to get the computer running once by removing the battery and plugging in, but now that doesn't work. I purchased a new battery, but have had the sqame results as above. Can anyone help me. Thank you.

T

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

First let me state I am not a Dell CSR so I am not 100% on things.

Normally though this error is on a replaced motherboard or system repaired by dell that was not taken out of Dells Diagnostic mode. If this just randomly occured then it seems likely that something has happened to corrupt BIOS and that a BIOS reset or flashing the BIOS should fix it. I personally would try to get into BIOS first and return them to factory defaults, I have been able to do this before on systems showing this message.

Thank you for your help. How would I get into BIOS and return the computer to its factory defaults.

Thank you for your help. How do Iget into BIOS first and return them to factory defaults.

On a Dell when it is first starting up it should be either f2, f10 or delete key. This will get you into a screen with test that allows you to navigate through it using either arrows, +/- or pg up pg dwn keys.

After turning on my Inspiron 6000 recently, a black screen appeared with the following message at the top "****MANUFACTURING MODE: LEVEL [67]**** Press Fn-X to return the system to normal running mode. I have tried hitting the "Fn" key, "-" key and letter"x" key simultaneously and separately and in the above sequence with no results also tried just the "Fn" and "x" key excluding the "-". Although I had no results with the above procedures, a few minutes after turning on the computer a "Warning! Battery is critically low." message appears. My battery hasn't been able to hold much of a charge for a year, but as long as I have it plugged in it has worked normally. I was able to get the computer running once by removing the battery and plugging in, but now that doesn't work. I purchased a new battery, but have had the sqame results as above. Can anyone help me. Thank you.

T

I have the same laptop with the same problem. I reset the CMOS by removing the battery which is located under the keyboard. I then replaced the battery, started the laptop up and I was able to load windows and flash the bios and it was working for awhile then it froze and I had to remove the battery the main battery to shut it down. I have been searching for a permaent solution. This works as a temporary fix.

Aside from restoring the factory settings in the BIOS make sure to delete the event logs too. Take out the battery and unplugging the ac adapter and hold the power button for about 10 secs to drain the flea power on the board.

I have no power. The ac adpater shows a green light, but the laptop will not power on. It did however twice power on for a sort time and then lost power. When it did come on it had a back screen with the intruction to hit F1. Which I did and it came on as usual. It will not power on at all now. I did take out the battery and unplug it as well as holding the power button for 10 seconds. Nothing happened...?

I have the same problem as ToolManDA.

I "hard" shutdown my Latitude D810 (running WinXP) after it stopped responding and the "System" process was taking up 100% of the CPU. I couldn't even shut down via the Task Manager.

After getting the Manufacturing Mode [67] error, and getting very frustrated, I walked away for a few hours. When I came back, it booted into windows w/o a problem.

Upgraded the BIOS from v.A03 to v.A05.

Ran the Dell Diag disk and found no errors with the hard drive.

Booted again into Windows and things looked good. Yet after about an hour the "System" process was taking up 100% of the processor again, and I can't even shut down via the OS. The only option is to press the power button to shut down, and then I end up getting the "Manufacturing Mode [67]" error again.

ToolMan, did you ever figure out a solution? The only thing I can think of is that I just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and was messing around with the chrome settings to customize my email display. Can't see how that would have ANYTHING to do with the motherboard though...

Any thoughts/help appreciated!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.