hey ppl,

i've just joined da forum so hello to everyone...

i've gotta a boot up problem...i scraped my PC down to it bare bones with only the mother board powered yesterday but the machine refuses to boot..i've replaced the RAM, reset the CMOS....still no result...

though it did boot for in my first attempt after connecting all the components starting with the HDD and then the Combo drive....it also detected the drives in the Bios setup...but after completely being connected it hasn't booted since then....

please help...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

At this point you should probably check the settings on the drives. Occasionally if the Master / Slave settings are off or set to cable select it can have an impact on things. You may also want to make certain your major components are seated fully ie Memory, Video Card, Data and power cables.

If these sets don't work try taking it down to nothing and listening for POST tones again.

thanx...first for addressing my problem....
now i did take my PC down to nothing...i have replaced the CMOS battery....
tried to boot it only on the motherboard( Intel 845 series)...
but the problem is dat the SMPS just shuts off after about 5sec automatically...
NO POST messages...no display...the power on LED goes off after dis happens...

Please advise...

Well, assuming that the Power supply is still good then this is going to be a failed motherboard then. Intel has a 3 year warranty on US sales of motherboards so you may, depending on when you purchased it, be able to get a replacement from them.

Ohk so you start the mobo with ram hd excl all external cards and you get no display....?does the lights remain on or does it shutdown/time out?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.