I recently removed and reseated the CPU in my HP pavilion a1600n, and it will not display anything when powered on. There was one low short beep when powered on. I reset the CMOS jumper, Removed and reseated the CMOS battery, Removed and reseated the RAM, and removed and reseated my pci network card. Now when i plug in the computer it automatically starts up and the fans are blasting incredibly fast.

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Sounds like you're on the right track. Perhaps check all your power plugs are seated firmly and the right way around.

Did you remove and put on a new layer of 'goop' on the CPU? Apparently if you take off your CPU you need to replace the 'goop' otherwise it doesn't make good contact (an amazingly thin layer of the stuff is advised). Poor contact makes for more heat and therefore fans blasting incredibly fast.

you may have bent a pin. i would pull you CPU again and see if one of the pins is bent. if so take a very small screw driver or something and try to bend it back. just be very careful not to bend any of the other pins. and you do need to re-aply the thermal goo after you remove the heat sync. also make sure none of the goo got in the pins because the goo has a metal substance in it and can short out the CPU if it got on the pins.

For future reference if you aren't replacing the CPU don't take it out. it doesn't ever need to be cleaned or re-set. just leave it in.

u mnust install new window..ure pro will be sort out

and one more thing dont use the pirated window...it will definitely disturbe u again

u mnust install new window..ure pro will be sort out
and one more thing dont use the pirated window...it will definitely disturbe u again

Is this guy speaking english????

I didn't understand any of that!

Either it's

your pirated XP/Vista caused the problem, get a professional to re-install a paid for version

or

install a window in your house, pay for a pro for the night and make sure your new glass is not from the Caribbean.

Either way I don't think that's the problem.

commented: your funny +1

Either it's

your pirated XP/Vista caused the problem, get a professional to re-install a paid for version

or

install a window in your house, pay for a pro for the night and make sure your new glass is not from the Caribbean.

Either way I don't think that's the problem.

LOL :icon_biggrin: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_biggrin:

Raj is right that's not the problem.
just out of curiosity... are you running a pirated copy of Windows? don't worry i won't tell anyone!

Member Avatar for ligboet12

Are you retarded? How the hell is he supposed to install windows if his computer won't start? Jackass. More likely is that his antivirus is installed incorrectly.

I recently removed and reseated the CPU in my HP pavilion a1600n, and it will not display anything when powered on. There was one low short beep when powered on. I reset the CMOS jumper, Removed and reseated the CMOS battery, Removed and reseated the RAM, and removed and reseated my pci network card. Now when i plug in the computer it automatically starts up and the fans are blasting incredibly fast.

Any suggestions?

If still not working that you removed already everything try to clean the edge of the RAm use eraser clean both sides and if still the beep sound come up the memory slot is damage.

who exactly are you calling retarded????:angry:

we where making fun of the guy that doesn't speak English.
I was just asking out of curiosity if he was using pirated windows

The problem might be tht the RAM/video card is not placed back correctly.. try to keep you CPU clean.... check by swappin the RAM slots...

Member Avatar for ligboet12

Sorry, I was referring to your uptime not jermaghs07 or any others. I only posted for fun and obviously haven't checked for months. If you think windows has anything to do with a computer powering on you might be retarded too. If you don't then you have nothing to worry about.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.