Hi,
I'm new in this forum.

My old laptop (4 years) has developed some estrange symptoms.
It turns on normally, but once it is on if I adjust the angle of the screen or move the laptop a little hard (the screen shakes) it goes black and appears to crush. The only solution then is to re-start it by pressing the on button for a few seconds.

Has anybody experience something similar? I'm guessing that is a bad electric connection or something like that, but of course I don't know. Can I fix it myself?

thanks for any help and suggestions.

Luciano

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Reading your post as I understand it is that you may have a defective ribbon cable connector that connects to your LCD screen opening it may be one of the solution but be very careful as you said it is already 4 years old some plastic casing may be brittle already and it may break as you may not be experience to open it.Good day

Junt

Thanks Junt. I will check into that in a few days. Right now I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I may send my old one (after is problem free) to my family in Argentina, they will definitely use is (electronics are extremely expensive there).

Luciano

Reading your post as I understand it is that you may have a defective ribbon cable connector that connects to your LCD screen opening it may be one of the solution but be very careful as you said it is already 4 years old some plastic casing may be brittle already and it may break as you may not be experience to open it.Good day

Junt

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.