Before the red dots incident was black screen showing up and the audio of the games went " taaaaaaaaaaaat" while gaming. Now....Whenever i play a game, red dots would appear and the game freezes and sometimes my screen flickers. All i have to do is to restart my PC. I have tried formatting my PC and reinstalling all the graphic drivers but ..... the Red dots along with games freezing still bothering me while gaming.

My PC specs:
Quad Core 6600 2.4 GHZ
nvidia geforce 9600 GT 1GB
DDR2 800 MHZ 2GB ram corsair with heat sink

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What is the operating system you have?
Have u tried the latest drivers from NVIDIA?
What is the current driver that u have installed. You can also try updating your motherboard drivers and update the latest BIOS. Ensure that u have the latest game patches from the game developer.

What is the operating system you have?
Have u tried the latest drivers from NVIDIA?
What is the current driver that u have installed. You can also try updating your motherboard drivers and update the latest BIOS. Ensure that u have the latest game patches from the game developer.

The OS i'm using is Windows Xp while my graphic driver is version 175.16. Anyway, how to tell tht a graphic card is malfunctioned?

do you live out in the country or in a rural area? sometimes on rural power lines the power isn't consistent and over time it could harm your system especially a graphics card.

just a thought im not saying this is definitely the problem but it is something to watch for.

The OS i'm using is Windows Xp while my graphic driver is version 175.16. Anyway, how to tell tht a graphic card is malfunctioned?

For XP: http://www.sharewareconnection.com/video-card-stability-test.htm

RUN this software for at least 1 Hour to have the right results. if your system freezes or crashes or any such weird issues occur even in this stability test, then its confirmed that the graphics card has gone bad and you will need to replace the same for which you will need to contact your graphics card manufacturer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.