i have been having some problems with my keyboard but the funny thing is i dont think the keyboard is broken. i have tried to use a new keyboard but the same problem exists. the problem is the keyboard does not type anything. i have no trouble typing in my password for the computer but as soon as i log in, my keyboard freezes.
is there a solution to this problem?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Try going to device manager and under keyboard check that there is no exclamation point over it. and even if there is not do this:

unplug you keyboard.

right click on the keyboard under device manager and select uninstall.

now turn off your pc.

Plug keyboard back in and start pc again

windows should restall the drivers for the kyboard cleanly during startup.

this has worked for me in the exact same circumstance.

check your bios see if keyboard is turned off
try another keyboard
if usb try snother usb device in same port
try origional keyboard if usb in another port

if you can login then it is os not keyboard

Try going to device manager and under keyboard check that there is no exclamation point over it. and even if there is not do this:

unplug you keyboard.

now turn off your pc.

wellsaid

unplug you keyboard.

now turn off your pc.

i tried to do this but the problem still remains =/
and i tried brand new keyboards but it still doesn't work

is it usb keyboard?

it is not a usb keyboard =/

simple thing:bios detects keyboards early
if you can gointo the innards and first unplug powewrcord carefully remove battery (size of quarter or nickel) wait a few minutes and re install. reboot. bios will find keyboard.
make sure you keep touching metal case to discharge your up to 3000v static humans can generate (matrx coppertop is true) and dont touch anything inside but the battery
a jewelers screwdriver will unlatch it use plenty of light you might have to adjust some cables to find it thats ok
i still think if you can login bios found keyboard.
another option which is not hightech is if you have the os disc reinstall
if you have sacred or irreplaceable files do a repair
there are more direct ways to fix this
cmon alphageeks im only abetageek

I cannot find my keyboard listed. My multimedia Audio Controller has a problem, but the keyboard isn't anywhere to be found. Does it have another device name? I would like to try your suggestion, if only I could find my keyboard listed. I need some help or guidance. Any thoughts? I am using my laptop to post this because I have no keyboard.

I cannot find my keyboard listed. My multimedia Audio Controller has a problem, but the keyboard isn't anywhere to be found. Does it have another device name? I would like to try your suggestion, if only I could find my keyboard listed. I need some help or guidance. Any thoughts?

I have the same problem with my keyboard, off and on. When it happens, if I go into the keyboard settings and change anything, cursor blink rate for instance, and click apply my keyboard will work. It will go out again, it is not a permanent fix, but you may be able to use your keyboard.

hi jaime34ma, please start a new thread and post your problems so that other posters can reply to it. Thank you for your understanding.

i am having this problem too. i am on a school computer and cannot access the devise manager. it is usb. i am using a pseudo keyboard where i have to use the mouse to type. this problem arose when i pressed the shift key 5 times and clicked a few things. NONE of the keys do anything except make the tower make a wierd clicking noise. ive tried clicking shift 5 times on the pseudo keyboard. but it didnt bring up the stickey keys window. the cpu is an optiplex 780. the cpu uses windows i think.

i am having this problem too. i am on a school computer and cannot access the devise manager. it is usb. i am using a pseudo keyboard where i have to use the mouse to type. this problem arose when i pressed the shift key 5 times and clicked a few things. NONE of the keys do anything except make the tower make a wierd clicking noise. ive tried clicking shift 5 times on the pseudo keyboard. but it didnt bring up the stickey keys window. the cpu is an optiplex 780. the cpu uses windows i think.

not even ctrl alt delete works

the post above your recommends creating you own thread ,this is the best option for you to obtain help as most helpers don't even click on threads this old to view them.

i would start by explaining this from your post "the cpu uses windows i think" you are not even sure if you are using windows as the operating system !!!????????????

I use Toshiba core i3 windows 7, from last month I started to use an external multimedia keyboard and there was no problem, the last couple day at the time of typing it appear the “#” sign continually whether I didn’t press it, so I removed the external keyboard, yesterday I found my ‘BACK SPACE’ button on main keyboard (laptop’s keyboard) is not working, today I found the ‘P’ button is not working, please help ….

its about a newly purchased keyboard for 3 years old computer, able type when connect to the USB port but the media control do not work. what could be the problem? Discuss it.

It depends on what type of keyboard you are using. If you use USB device please check the USB ports. You can check it from your Bios whether the USB Legachy ports are enable or disable. If it is disable, enable it. And if it is a PS/2 port make sure the driver is properly installed. You can check it from your device manager(right click n 'my computer'. Selet 'manage', select device manager and locate keyboard. Expand and check the driver.)

In my office all pc are 2 year old. When i connect a new keybord it does not work. But if i use an old keybords its working fine. What is the issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.