I just Forked out for a $500.00 aeolus geforece 6800gt. As you can imagine I was quite excited to install it. I went through all the proper steps all the way up to istalling the software. At 34% complete Everything went absolutey insane. My screen went into some strange multicolored random block picture. Kinda looks likes when the old nintendo games wouldnt load right. I tried to restart to only have the same old crap come up. I thought maybe....hopefully my agp slot took a crap so I put my old 5900 back in. The old card works fine. I am pretty sure the 6800 just crapped out competely but I am in a panick so if anyone has heard of this happening before, let me know. Any advice would be wonderfull...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try the card in another system.
Install new drivers.
Reinstall windows.

Try any of those steps, and see what happens. If the card does that in another system, I'd RMA that sucker.

WHAT!!!! 500 bucks dude you got ripped they sell for under $400 thats a 6800Ultra right there.

WHAT!!!! 500 bucks dude you got ripped they sell for under $400 thats a 6800Ultra right there.

Yeah...but I bought the damn thing in japan...these people are nuts. Imagine how much the ultra is. You'ld crap yourself...

:eek: :eek:
Well its toast....I tried it on another pc and the same results. The same technicolored dream coat of old arcade bad boots. What a shite deal. I am going to exchange it tonight...I might trade it for the leadtech.
I did have one question to anyone who might know...Does the Gigabyte K8NS Pro support a ddr3 video card or do the agp voltages even comply for the 6800gt? Just some stuff I heard around the vine.
Ofcourse any input would be great.

Should be suitable. Is your power supply unit up to it? You should have at least a 350Watt unit, or preferably one of 400Watts or more.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.