I just finished placing my order for my stuff here's what I bought.

AMD 64 3400+
DFi LAN Party with Nforce 3 250Gb Chipset mobo
1 GB of 512x2 Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series Ram,
its not dual channel but its a dual pack, My motherbaord has no use for dual channel.

What do you think? Am I going to have a good system? I am going to be running the 9600XT for a while tho, maybe I'll buy something new in the summer.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for szukalski

Yeah, it'll be pretty good. Almost identical to mine, is the 3400+ the 2.2GHz or the 2.4GHz?

its the 2.2, I went for the extra cache instead of speed.

Sounds good. By the way, special 'Dual-channel' RAM modules aren't necessary, even for a motherboard which provides dual-channel configuration!

All that's needed are two identical RAM modules, fitted to the appropriate RAM slots ;)

i've got a dual-channel AthlonXP system here, running overclocked at low latency settings, and it's got a pair of Kingston ValueRAM modules installed. CAS2 with cheap as chips RAM! :D

WOW everything should be in today or tomorrow, TIME FOR SOME HL2!!!!

hehehe, Im having a seiger, I am holding the amd 64 3400+ in my hands right now, OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :evil:

the day i have dreamed of for the past 8 months is finally here, I have everything needed to install the amd 64, now i have built a few pcs in the past, but never a amd 64 is there anything specail or different about installing amd 64's?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.