Tech support seems stumped. Power adaptor has green light when plugged into wall, goes out soon as connected to laptop. Motherboard and power adaptor both replaced, no change with battery in or not. Any suggestions..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

HI Rick
please tell me that youve already changed the charger?? witch I doubt. Because it sounds like the charger

HI Rick
please tell me that youve already changed the charger?? witch I doubt. Because it sounds like the charger

charger and motherboard are brand new replaced by IT that's why the post, need suggestions

It sounds like the power thats supplied to the mobo isnt enough. try a charger that gives a higher output.

cheers
sittas

I know this sounds patently obvious, but have you tried the charger in more than one of your wall sockets? Just in case it is the wall socket at fault.

Hi,
I have the Same problem on 6400....are your sure they put in a new mobo??? I've tried 2 Batteries,3 Ac adapter(small and large),Ac power socket on mobo.(wall Socket lol) All to no avail.
Can't get schematics for dell mobo unless someone knows of a place.
Will have to go for dell mobo about £170 on ebay out of warranty on my second mobo by 2 weeks.
All I can say is DELL you are S***e never again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.