Ok , im getting a GeForce FX 5200 video card and it has a s-video output. I was thinking, with this card can I hook up my tv to be used has the pc monitor? I know that the text will be blury or something like that but I want the tv to play video games on, so will this work?

BTW: (for who ever has this game) will the GeForce FX 5200(128mb) be enough for Halo:Combat evolved? and I also have a Celeron 2.20GHz processor is that enough to run Halo or will it need a pentium 4?

Recommended Answers

All 35 Replies

Sorry, never played Halo. But yes - that's what you can do with S-Video output and an Nvidia card. :) enjoy!

Incidently, it seems like it's a very powerful card ... Geforce FX with 128 mb of ram will rock. As far as 2.2 ghz, that should be plenty, although I've never had experience with Celerons.

was I right about the text being blury? and that the tv will only be good for gaming?

And this has nothing to do with pc's but my tv has no s-video,but I was planning on get a rf modulator with a s-video input on it will that still work?

1st?Yeah because of the amount of pixels
2nd? call 1 8oo the shack if nobody gives a answer

Yeah, text will be unreadable on the TV unless it's a gigantic font. It's really only good for gaming. Does your video card only have an S-Video out connection? What about just a regular yellow-cable video out? (Usually tvs have those over S-Video, but S-Video is higher quality I think.)

I think this is the card

RCA jacks :)

that is the card but if im not mistakend it only has s-video output but a rf modulator will solve my problems

RCA jacks :)

RCA is to crappy for HALO game play via video card

ok lemme get this striaght, this card will be enough for halo, it has s-video and thats better for tv game play,and its a powerful card,right?
and is it easy to install + does any computer support this card?
My computer is a
eMachines
T2245
Intel Celeron 2.20GHz
256MB(getting a 512MB stick soon)
Windows XP
2 PCI slots remaining
and 200GB harddrives is that good enough?

Attributes3D Accelerator Required
Requirements/Recommendations
Operating System: Win 95, MAC. 933 MHz processor;
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128 MB RAM;
1.2 GB HD Space;
Video card, 32 MB / 3D T&L capable,
DirectX 9.0 or later;
8X CD, Sound card & speakers/headphones;
Online/Multiplayer requirements: 56.6 kbps modem or LAN; broadband to run a server
Now is your video card gonna play it like the developers meant to have it played NO!
You might have to get the Ati 9800 pro for that

yes you can do that but you will get better graphic's on a monitor gforce fx 5200 won't give you alot of performance gain between the gforce 4 ti 4600 but it will let you play dx9 game's better.

Microsoft Windows 98SE/Me/XP/2000
PC with 733 MHz equivalent or higher processor
128 MB of system RAM
1.2 GB available hard disk space
8x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
32 MB T&L capable video card required
Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
56.6 Kbps or better modem or LAN for online play; broadband to run a server

those are the system requirments so once i get the video card I should be all set

how much are you getting it

how much are you getting it what do u mean if its the price im getting it for $100.97

and there is no need for a temper )BIG"B"Affleck I dont need the game to run flawlessly I just want it to run smoothly

well if you want performance you can get gforce 5600 with 256mb for $170.00
and it would be more better for halo then the 5200

the requirements only asks for 32MB to tripiling that should do it.

don't get me wrong i'm not picking on the 5200 but the only think that card is good for is play game with dx9
like halo its going to be fps game and it don't put out that much fps compare to the gforce 4 ti 4600.
i got a friend that has a 5200 me and him play ravenshield he put out 45fps in ravenshield i put out 130fps in ravenshield the 5600 is better at the performance then the 5200 for a $70.00 dallars more you get a card that will give you performance and it plays dx9

and there is no need for a temper )BIG"B"Affleck I dont need the game to run flawlessly I just want it to run smoothly

Temper is that some kind of new gamer RAM? Or did you mean Temper like im getting a attitude with you here ...if thats the case Im not but I will if you want me to! I was just posting the facts bra Im not getting a temper with you.

lol its a joke

Kool I was about 2 say WTF

Or you could purchase a Radeon 9600 Pro for less than that 5600 and have stellar frame rates, along with some AA and AF to boot.

nVidia is a joke. They don't care about image quality. It's all about the frame rates, and that's a war they've been losing steadily for quite some time.

so can anyone tell me what the best card is for $100-$120. I want 128MB on it and I want a s-video out so I can hook it up to my pc and decent graphics and it also has to be an pci card.

! question the GeForce FX 5200 has a built in cooling fan do most or all video cards have that?

so can anyone tell me what the best card is for $100-$120. I want 128MB on it and I want a s-video out so I can hook it up to my pc and decent graphics and it also has to be an pci card.

! question the GeForce FX 5200 has a built in cooling fan do most or all video cards have that?

1st?Did you google any cards for prices
2nd?Ive seen some exact models that have just a heatsink and then another exact brand and type have a fan dropped into the heatsink.....cheap cards that do not put out great graphics dont require a fan so not all cards have fans. Mine has a fan I also bought 2 heatsinks to put on top the memory on the video card.
http://www.amdmb.com/article-display.php?ArticleID=258

ok this is exactly what i need a video graphic pci card $100-$120, I would need it to run games smoothly, (all my games rcommend 32MB to 64MB so 128MB is more than enough for me) I want to be able to hook it up to my tv and when I play games on the tv i want the picture to be decent to clear, so I guess it needs a s-video output to be the clearest. then I need it to have a colling fan and I would perfer the card to be HDTV ready Im pretty sure the GeForce FX 5200 is HDTV rdy.

If anyone can give me a link to one of these cards I would be very thankful I have been searching for days.

And my computer has a 3D intel extreme graphics AGP (64MB) if I install a pci graphics card will that interfer with the other AGP card?

Sapphire RADEON 9500 Atlantis - graphics card - RADEON 9500 - 128 MB

is that better than the GeForce FX 5200?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.