Hello, and thank you for reading. I have an old compaq presario 1610. I accidentaly dropped it about a foot, while it was closed, onto its back. Now the screen only shows exactly one half of it self. Does any one know what I screwed up, and if there is anyway of fixing it my self. PLEase help me, please.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Why wont an one answer me? :cry:

Can any 1 answer me, at all, plz.

this forum isnt a quick one, come back later to check.

I don't know anything about monitors

Cry, notthing yet :eek:

back to the top, im not giving up.

Sorry mate, from the sound of it, the problem can't be fixed by doing anything yourself. Try bringing it in to a computer repair store. It might be time for a new compuer.

when you droped it you definatly by all means knocked something loose in the monitor. If you didnt know you can damage all computer parts by dropping them only inches. A foot is another story. You will definatly need to replace the Screen,if your lucky nothing else was damaged. Back up all files right away.

The thing is, that the comp i not mine, i mean if some one could at least direct me to a site that might be able to help i would appreciate it.

Hello, and thank you for reading. I have an old compaq presario 1610. I accidentaly dropped it about a foot, while it was closed, onto its back. Now the screen only shows exactly one half of it self. Does any one know what I screwed up, and if there is anyway of fixing it my self. PLEase help me, please.

I have a HP Omnibook Xe3 that I did not drop but I had the same problem you are having with only half of a display, I had to replace the ribbon that connects from the LCD to the computer, Hope this helps you ,GOOD LUCK

I have a HP Omnibook Xe3 that I did not drop but I had the same problem you are having with only half of a display, I had to replace the ribbon that connects from the LCD to the computer, Hope this helps you ,GOOD LUCK

Well, thanx. It worked for me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.