Info captured today on latest crash from screen:

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Technical Info:

*** STOP: 0x000000E (0XC0000005, 0XBFB142B6, 0XAC98B8C0, 0X00000000)

*** nv4_disp.dll – Address BFB142B6 base at BFA14000, DateStamp 46ee3c9a

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical Memory dump complete

Tried uninstalling the Nvidia driver (GEforce 8500GT) and re-installing from their site, but still say problem occurs. It only happens when I am on the internet, and not in any specific site.

Running MS XP Pro Version 2002 SP3
Intel (R) Corel (TM) 2 Quad CPU
Q6600 @ 2.41 Ghz
2.41 Ghz, 3.25 GB of Ram

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

tried to run it, would not run, tried saving it and then extracting, would not complete extract.

I just d/l'd it and ran it - ran fine - are you using XP SP2 or more?

XP Pro most recent, SP 3. MS does not want to run this extracted file. Might be the MS Defender.

So I got it to extract, what file within this file runs it, tried several

some of the content in the reade me file from the download ,i don't trust beta !
================
This is a BETA patch only - NOT an official release. If you downloaded this patch anywhere apart from the VIA Arena forums, please visit http://forums.viaarena.com/ for more information.

VIA Technologies, Inc. takes no responsibility for the use of this patch.

So I got it to extract, what file within this FOLDER runs it, tried several

the one named "setup.exe"

Still did not solve the problem. I am going to try one last thing, and that is, I will replace the video card with a GeForce 9800 series, not sure which manufacturer. Since a lot of the companies use NVIDIA chips anyway, is ASUS EN9800GT HB/HTDI PCIE 2.0 GEFORCE 9800GT 512MB DDR3 256- BIT DUAL DVI-I HDTV comparible in quality and price.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.