i have a hp pavilion dv2000 that won't boot up,when i plug in the adapter it shows that it actually is getting current because the led which indicates that the adapter is plugged in lights up but when i press the power button it does not come on,i tried removing the battery and powering it up,tried re-inserting the memory modules,tried brand new memory module, i even tried to reset the mobo by removing the Optical drive,hard-drive,memory and battery but still i get the same result can anyone assist me.i don't want to send it back to to the factory and your input would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

have you tried troubleshooting with another battery that you know is good?

i removed the battery and connected the adapter directly so if it was a battery issue it would come on regardless.

What was the last thing you did with ur PC before it started doing this?

Just ran into same thing, any luck troubleshooting...very sad...:(

i have a hp pavilion dv2000 that won't boot up,when i plug in the adapter it shows that it actually is getting current because the led which indicates that the adapter is plugged in lights up but when i press the power button it does not come on,i tried removing the battery and powering it up,tried re-inserting the memory modules,tried brand new memory module, i even tried to reset the mobo by removing the Optical drive,hard-drive,memory and battery but still i get the same result can anyone assist me.i don't want to send it back to to the factory and your input would be appreciated.

my daughter is home from college and her laptop is doing the same as you described. what caused the problem??
thanks,
charles

I have a pavillion HP dv2000, the screen has gone blank, replaced the screen, still no help, actually there is a red icon (lit up) looks like a screen right above to the left of the finger mouse pad.

i have a diffrent version of the dv, but it sounds like that icon indicates that the touchpad is turned off

There is a nvidia problem with some hp dv models. Check out this site (www.hplies.com) to find out more details and to see if your model is listed in the database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.