I'm still looking for help or another site recommendation for help on this.
I'm trying to copy my dv cassettes to DVD.
The cassettes are from a Canon FZ85 (A) Mini DV digital video recorder.
I am running Win XP SP3 and have an Adaptec Firewire card running a Sony DVD burner mounted in an ADS Technologies enclosure.
Computer sees the camera and sees "Drive G" (calls it a CD along with my CD and CD burner).
When I select VCR in the camera (the only choice rather than memory card) all I get is a "DV In" option.

What do I need to do to get these tapes on to DVDs? I have several movie related software packages that came with the DVD burner or with XP.

The DVD burner is capable, I've copied DVD movies (to see if I could).

tks,
johnd

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey John,
I've got that same set up on a Sony. It's not a clear-cut process. I'm able to do the transfer but ONLY with the Sony software for doing so. It even took a special cable that I had to order from a third-party. I believe this technology is proprietary (I could be wrong) and you're going to have to go to Canon for the solution.

Hey John,
I've got that same set up on a Sony. It's not a clear-cut process. I'm able to do the transfer but ONLY with the Sony software for doing so. It even took a special cable that I had to order from a third-party. I believe this technology is proprietary (I could be wrong) and you're going to have to go to Canon for the solution.

OK:
I thought as much. Can you describe the process and the cable?
tks,
johnd

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.