I've seen similar problems to mine on this forum but have yet to find a solution.
After using the power button to turn off the computer quickly (holding it for ten seconds), my celeron M laptop has been unable to start successfully. Trying to start it in safe mode causes a long list of driver names to appear and the screen does not change afterwards. Starting windows normally causes a blue screen to appear and windows immediately restarts itself, ditto using the last known good configuration
Debugging mode on the advanced options menu results in a restart. If i disable the auto restart, the blue screen reads like this:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF36225D)

iastor.sys - address F736225D base at F7353000, Datestamp 422f3bcc

help please!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What brand of computer are you using and what OS? There has been some issues with new dells with this same BSOD.

I believe the file is the sata driver for the HDD. How are your drives configured in the BIOS. Are you AHCI, Raid, IDE?

It's a gateway tablet running on Windows XP.
As for the rest, I have no idea. I can't remember the configuration and I'm not sure how to find the information on the computer since it turns off before loading XP. Any help on this would be really appreciated

As for the rest, I have no idea. I can't remember the configuration and I'm not sure how to find the information on the computer since it turns off before loading XP. Any help on this would be really appreciated

What is the model number of your gateway.

You might try going into the bios. You can access the bios menu by hitting the F2 or F10 key at the gateway logo when you first turn on. The key you press varies with different model and vendors.
Once you are in the bios you will want to look for something labeled drive configuration. You will want to make sure it is AHCI or ATA, not RAID.

I will check for more detailed steps at work tommorrow as i have some gateways lying around to write down detailed instructions for you.

It could be a driver issue, most common drivers to cause this are sound and video. Check for updated drivers for both of them.

I read it in other thread that it could be because of a faulty ram chip too sometimes. If everything else fails, try taking/swapping your existing memory out.

I was just looking this over again and after rereading your post got me thinking. You say it just turns off before loading windows. Could you elaborate on this a little.
-Does the unit completely power off - no lights or anything
-Does the unit reboot and start the process again
-Do you not even see the windows loading bar when the system shutsdown/restarts

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
This is a Driver problem.
iastor.sys is the driver for SATA or RAID.
Perhaps the file is corrupt.
Try running sfc,
File iaStor.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers.
It is not a core windows file but was created by intel to allow easier access to Hard Drives
Some systems require the file-others do not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.