Just woundering if any one can help. I have a HP pavillion 544a home computer, on start up it says that last time computer was on it wasnt shut down then gives you options on how i want it started. I have tried all modes even tried to start it on last good known start up mode but soon as the windows loading screen comes up this is where it stays. All we want is some pics of my wifes father (deceased) off of there if anyone has suggestions that would be great. thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you say you tried all options...did you choose safe mode? That should allow you to manipulate the machine but it will come up with very large fonts and look "wrong". However, go ahead and work with the files in this mode.

If safe mode won't work, you can always take the hard drive out and put it in another desktop as a secondary drive and use it normally.

yeah tried safe mode with and without prompts it loads one page and tries to load a second but freezes. thanks for the advice

yeah tried safe mode with and without prompts it loads one page and tries to load a second but freezes. thanks for the advice

maybe overheating ,open the case and vacuum or blow out all dustbunnies ,making sure fans are free of dirt/dust.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.