Which is better for dvd playback and 3d gaming and which is a better buy?
the XFX GeForce4 MX440 128MB DDR AGP8X with TV-Out Video Card for $59.99
or the XFX GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP8X with TV-Out & DVI Video Card for $79.99

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I don't know anything about the GeForce FX other than that it's the latest Nvidia line. However, I am not a fan at all of the Geforce 4 MX's ... there's basically Geforce 2 technology rebranded.

Geforce DO NOT GO with it now go with ATI stuff at the moment

Connect3D Radeon 9200 128MB DDR AGP8X with TV-Out & DVI Video Card is this a good card or is it no good?

ATI Radeon 9600 128MB DDR AGP8X TV-Out & DVI Video Card how bout this one. I heard this a an excellent card for game like halo and max payne 2 is that true?

what is the best sound card for gaming for 30-50 bucks? is the soundblaster live any good?

Yes go with that one!!!

which one the 9600 or 9200

Great... I just found out my computer doesn't have AGP slots does the ATI Radeon 9600 have a PCI card version?

And I was looking at cards and saw that different companies have the same card like 3d connect has a Radeon 9600 128MB is the card gonna have the same performance even if it isnt ATI but some other company?

Great... I just found out my computer doesn't have AGP slots does the ATI Radeon 9600 have a PCI card version?

And I was looking at cards and saw that different companies have the same card like 3d connect has a Radeon 9600 128MB is the card gonna have the same performance even if it isnt ATI but some other company?

No PCI 9600. The reason why is because the PCI bus is limited to 132MB of bandwidth, while an AGP slot can scale to multiple gigabytes because it's dedicated for such a thing.

Yes, same performance, just different company. It's like GM. The Cavalier and Sunfire are basically the same car, just different companies.

Buy a new motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.