im sorry to post so many things on video cards but i found this card VisionTek Xtasy 9200se 128MB DDR PCI Video Card is this card just has good has the ATI Radeon 9200se? and it says directx8.1 but it should suport directx 9.0 right?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Not sure...but www.rage3d.com or searching google is a good source on video card comparisons...

Remember...Google is a our friend!

im sorry to post so many things on video cards but i found this card VisionTek Xtasy 9200se 128MB DDR PCI Video Card is this card just has good has the ATI Radeon 9200se? and it says directx8.1 but it should suport directx 9.0 right?

No, it does not support DX9.

You can install DX9, but the card won't be able to support any of the extra features that DX9 has because it just isn't capable of such.

No current game makes use of DX9 on any large scale.

umm feigned im sorry but i need to correct you I went to the Visiontek website and the 9200se fully supports DX8.1 and DX9

umm feigned im sorry but i need to correct you I went to the Visiontek website and the 9200se fully supports DX8.1 and DX9

Just because you can install it doesn't mean it's going to use the hardware features of DX9 worth a shit.

Pixel Shaders aren't that huge of deal with today's games...give it six months and you'll wish you bought a 9800 series card.

im sorry in an earlier post i mentioned my pc didt have agp slots and in another six months ill have a new pc

Your last post on how your board doesnt have AGP slots all The new bad ass cards comming up & out are only AGP

Specifications
ATI Radeon 9200 SE VPU
200 MHz VPU Core
PCI Bus
128MB or 64MB DDR Memory
Memory Clock: 166MHz (333MHz DDR)
Dual 400MHz DACs
API Support: DirectX 8.1 (works in DirectX 9.0), OpenGL
Connectors: VGA, DVI-I, TV/S Video (128MB version only)

*cough* *cough*

f575gtc Did you ever find what videocard you wanted to play (new)HALO on?

im going with the Visiontek Xtacy 9200se 128MB pci card I think thats the best and pci video card there is
(i could be wrong)

Just because you can install it doesn't mean it's going to use the hardware features of DX9 worth a shit.

Pixel Shaders aren't that huge of deal with today's games...give it six months and you'll wish you bought a 9800 series card.

Sorry. The Xtacy 9200se does indeed support Pixel Shaders. Thief : Deadly Shadows will not play without this technology and I'm playing it just fine. ;)

east coast

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.