Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I went over to a friends house to work on their computer for them and ended up replacing their video card. As I was working on it I was messing around with their intel raid storage and noticed that it was not working anymore and it said the driver was not installed. I went into bios and checked and somehow the bios was now on ide instead of raid. How the heck it got changed no one knows because they have no idea how to get into the bios.
I have never had to do this before but what am I going to do to get the raid back on for them. Do I unhook one hdd and then go into bios and turn on raid and start the computer with one hdd and then tell it to rebuild? Would someone be willing to give me step by step instructions on how to do this if you know because I have never had to do this before. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

and it said the driver was not installed. I went into bios and checked and somehow the bios was now on ide instead of raid. How the heck it got changed no one knows because they have no idea how to get into the bios.

What has probably happened appears to be due to a failed/dead bios batt. Probably looks like a shiny wafer. When it starts to die or dies the bios boots the server up in default mode. Power down, unplug from wall and/or power strip. DO NOT touch both sides of batt. with your fingers or anything that conducts electrical power. Doing so will drain nearly all of the power in the batt. Use thin rubber glove or plastic tweezers. When in place replace wall plug, power up and reset bios.

I went into bios and checked and somehow the bios was now on ide instead of raid

Its probably always been on IDE. Its the default, because XP wont install on it when its in RAID mode unless you mess around with driver floppies and the F6 key during setup.

What do you mean it's probably always been on ide? For the first years they owned it I was on their machine and it was in raid 1 then and working fine.

What do you mean it's probably always been on ide? For the first years they owned it I was on their machine and it was in raid 1 then and working fine.

then, it may be the bios battery

Y R U NOT taking your Rx?

LOL

? what? no text speak please

? what? no text speak please

that's not text speak ,Rx in the real world stands for medication !

Ah okay i was confused because Rx to me means Recieve in ham radio speak

Who are you talking to? Me?

Who are you talking to? Me?

usually best to use the reply with quote link, to post so people know whos, talking to who!
jbennet was talking to me in his last post .but post # 6 was talking to you ,because of you tone in post # 5 .and so on and so on

I meant this one. Who are you talking to? Just curious.

Originally Posted by ingeborgdot@yah
J.B.'s not trying to B be funny he's on 1 or more Rx's. U want someone to poke fun at try your OWN mirror. U want an Rx I'll issue U 1 that you'll like a lot less than what J.B.'s taking his 4.

I'm xfering a large file, xp's sp3 iso. As this is analog not broadband it's gonna take about another day or so. I was gone to food place and left the site page open cuz it takes so darn long to load & I'm waiting from a private msg. from J.B. for another reason.

Yeah i did some research into what you said

You know you can order a cd with Sp3 on from microsoft right?

getting late here ,soon time to take my meds and go to bed.LOL

yeah you can get sp3 from Microsoft still i think

Wow:icon_confused:

Wow:icon_confused:

so did you check and see if the bios battery is indeed dead! easy check is to make a small change in the bios ,save it and exit shut down computer and unplug it from power source for awhile ,then plug it back in and check see if bios still has it saved .

J.B. You know you can order a cd with Sp3 on from microsoft right? Yea, you're right, however, patience is not my best suit. ; )

ingeborgdot@yah Wow, whut? ( ? ) /\ ( ? ) !

J.B. About 3% or less was taken sometime AD. The rest was taken pretty much as it originally occured sometime BC or what is now considered BCE.
Unless you 2 like to burn money on a trip to modern day Egypt, keep your money in your pocket. The golden statue of a man crossed arms with only what looks like a shepards hook taken from Tut's tomb, is what I looked like pre-flood and now (less all the hair of course) the head is the same image that was originally on the Sphinx. The server that you were accessing the images from is not on this rock. It's on Saturn's moon Europa. The technology used to xmit the images is a lot more advanced than what you are now used to. Otherwise there'd be at least a 10minute plus for the I/O to make a round trip.

right...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.