I have an old dell c800 latitude it was originally formated with windows me and has since been reformated with xp. it now will start up and go straight to the screen where you can choose to run it in safe mode,last known config so on and so forth. no matter what option is chosen it will go to the black windows xp screen then to a blue screen that blinks so fast and restarts the computer and all i can gather is something about a stop error and a dump. help me please

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try to do a repair with your windows xp cd. Insert the cd, and boot up with the cd, and choose repair options.

I have an old dell c800 latitude it was originally formated with windows me and has since been reformated with xp. it now will start up and go straight to the screen where you can choose to run it in safe mode,last known config so on and so forth. no matter what option is chosen it will go to the black windows xp screen then to a blue screen that blinks so fast and restarts the computer and all i can gather is something about a stop error and a dump. help me please

When you first turn on the computer and get the start up screen of safe mode, safe mode w/networking and such. Choose the option for disable automatic restart on failure. This will leave the Blue Screen on so you can read it. Post what the blue screen error is so we can help you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.