Hi. I've got a Sony Vaio PCG -GRT815 and I'm trying to do my A level via my laptop. I've got the letter "t" running across the screen as if someone is presing the key constantly, and if I try to use the letter t it doesnt work. There isnt anything stuck under the key - does anyone please have any ideas or advise ? Thanks very much for any help any kind person can give to me. Zoe

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

the key has to be stuck in the down position !

Thank you, but as I already said this is not the case, the keyboard has been removed and checked to verify.

Thank you, but as I already said this is not the case, the keyboard has been removed and checked to verify.

You don't need to remove the heyboard to check pop off the balck cap on the "N" key ,i still think the little button under the black key cap is stuck on, or broken ,because its only the one key giving you problems cant be much else, in my opinion !change the keyboard

Hey in the event that you have to open up your comp there is a great resource for repairing laptops here.

laptop repair manual

Sony VAIO pcg-grx670
Sony VAIO pcg-grz530
Sony VAIO pcg-nv290
Sony VAIO pcg-r505afe
Sony VAIO pcg-r505j
Sony VAIO pcg-sr27
Sony VAIO pcg-vx89
Sony VAIO pcg-grv550
Sony VAIO pcg-grs175
Sony VAIO pcg-grs150, pcg-grs1
Sony VAIO pcca-dsd5,pcca-mvd5
Sony VAIO pcg-c1vp
Sony VAIO pcg-fx210
Sony VAIO pcg-fx220, pcg-fx270
Sony VAIO pcg-fx290
Sony VAIO pcg-fx777. pcg-fx877
Sony VAIO pcg-gr150, pcg-gr170

Hope this helps
Steve

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.