I have a Toshiba Satellite P25 laptop running Window XP media center edition......
The machine has an SD Card reader built in and I have just Purchased an SD-HD 16MB card.....It won't read the card as i fear the reader is not compatible with SD-HD technology as its 4 years old !! Can I upgrade the card reader with software ,if so from where ?? Toshiba's site was not helpful......couldn't even find my discontinued model !!!! Please e-mail me with clever solutions ...Thanks in anticipation :idea:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thanks.....I have card reader but wish to just upgrade SD reader in laptop......

I don't know if you have resolved your problem but I had the same trouble.
You can get the correct driver here http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/vista_drivers.jsp?macId=&mode=allMachines&userOS=&action=&selCategory=2&selFamily=2&selSeries=152&selProduct=704&selShortMod=-1&selOS=26&selType=all&country=8&language=13&search=

However I can only vouch for the Flash Media driver(sd card slot driver).
If you try the others please let me know how you got on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.