My pc would not let anyone sign in,,,errors...would shut down to prevent damage..??went to safe mode, did not have right admin. password...eventhough its me...right strike 3 ur out..well now when i turn on the pc, i dont get a green lite, only a yellow....and nothing works...wont turn off either, have to unplug....really dont understand whats going on....help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

My pc would not let anyone sign in,,,errors...would shut down to prevent damage..??went to safe mode, did not have right admin. password...eventhough its me...right strike 3 ur out..well now when i turn on the pc, i dont get a green lite, only a yellow....and nothing works...wont turn off either, have to unplug....really dont understand whats going on....help

The OS has no idea who you are neither does it care. No correct password and you're out. Yellow lite is insufficient and/or intermittent power. New PSU at least or new AC adapt. and/or batt. Solve the power prob. THEN work on getting back in to Desktop.

Only time i ever got that on my dell was when i installed a card it didnt seem to like, and again with some ram it didnt like

Remove all hardware and periphrals apart from known good ram, keyboard and display and try booting agaun

Thanks for input, mother board fried when dell support asked me to keep plugging and unplugging at back of tower.. again thank you...roxy

you will need a new pc then basically unless you can get dell to fix it

(dell boards are nonstandard)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.