I am having an issue with my NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X video card. I have just recently reformatted my computer with Windows XP OS. I installed the latest update for the video driver straight from the NVIDIA website but the computer no longer gives me the option of going to 32bit True Color in the display properties. It did previously work and I can't figure out what would be causing this problem.

I have even reformatted again, reinstalled Windows XP again and tried installing the video driver all over again just to see if that would work and I got nothing. The monitor is a Dell E172FP and that driver is installed as well. There is no driver conflicts at all and everything is reporting as working properly. In addition there has been no hardware changes that I have made to the computer.

If anyone might have an idea as to what the problem may be your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just thought I'd add that it's the exact same OS that I have used with this video card previously.

Even though you have updated/re-installed drivers - it does sound like a driver problem.
However, it is an old card and may be failing.
Also check to see if the fan is running as it should.
It may need cleaning.

What OS?

You running windows server / do you have remote desktop enabled?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.